Patient Access Advocate – Front Office Job – Albuquerque, NM 24136
Why You'll Love This JobBreak free of your boring work routine when you accept this unique Patient Access Advocate - Front Office position with Intuitive Health, an innovative company that is trailblazing a new healthcare path by housing an ER and urgent care in the same facility!
This Patient Access Advocate - Front Office opening offers you the chance to play a pivotal role in your community. Yours will be the first friendly face our appreciative patients see when they walk through the door, setting the stage for an awesome experience for everyone. As part of an exceptional team of supportive professionals and an invested leadership, you will be able to grow your skills and advance your career. You also will receive top-shelf benefits and perks that include healthcare, dental, vision, HSA, FSA, Basic Life Insurance, AD&D, disability insurance, an Employee Assistance Program, 401k and paid time off.
Stake your place with a company where you are appreciated! Apply for this Patient Access Advocate - Front Office job opening today.
Patient Access Advocate - Front Office Responsibilities
- Greet patients in a friendly, courteous and professional manner; check patients in and out; collect all payments
- Verify insurance for eligibility and benefits using online electronic verification system or by contacting payer directly
- Create and maintain accurate patient files; confirm all paperwork is filled out correctly
- Answer and screen calls, and direct to the appropriate individual; take and direct messages
- Provide patients and their families with a customer-focused, friendly, reassuring open environment that encourages patients to return to our ED/UCs
- Follow all HIPAA policies and procedures, and company policies
Patient Access Advocate - Front Office Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent plus 6+ months of work experience in a healthcare setting or one year of customer service background
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills; analytical, problem-solving and conflict management skills
- Familiar with health insurance and insurance verification
- Knowledge and skills regarding all general office equipment and computer literate
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a medical office setting a plus
- Basic understanding of insurance a plus; medical terminology and billing codes (DRG, ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS) preferred