Patient Access Advocate/Front Desk Job – Albuquerque, NM
Why You'll Love This Job!Does working in a fast-paced, fun atmosphere with a creative management team and friendly, supportive co-workers sound exciting? If so, consider this Patient Access Advocate / Front Desk position with Intuitive Health, in partnership with Presbyterian Hospital. Intuitive Health is a trailblazing healthcare company that provides urgent care and emergency services under one roof.
Intuitive Health offers a unique atmosphere in which to continually learn and grow, and encourages new ideas. As Patient Access Advocate / Front Desk, you will realize the true meaning of teamwork as you join a group of co-workers that seem more like family and who will support your every endeavor. Through interactions with other support staff, you will gain unique perspectives that will lead to further career growth. We also offer competitive pay and benefits.
What are you waiting for? This Patient Access Advocate / Front Desk opening will not last long! Apply today!
Patient Access Advocate - Front Desk Responsibilities
- Greet patients in a friendly, courteous and professional manner in both in person and over the phone
- Check patients in and out; collect all payments
- Verify insurance for eligibility and benefits using online electronic verification system or by contacting payer directly
- Create and maintain accurate patient files
- Answer and screen calls and direct to the appropriate individual; take and direct messages
- Confirm all paperwork is filled out correctly
- Provide patients and their families with a customer focused, friendly, reassuring open environment that encourages patients to return to our ED/UCs
- Follow all HIPAA policies and procedures, and company policies
Patient Access Advocate - Front Desk Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6+ months of work experiences in a healthcare setting or one year of customer service background
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Familiar with health insurance and insurance verification
- Analytical, problem-solving and conflict management skills
- Knowledge and skills regarding all general office equipment and computer literate
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and to prioritize multiple demands effectively.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in medical office setting a plus
- Basic understanding of insurance preferred, medical terminology and billing codes (DRG, ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS) preferred