Patient Access Account Specialist Job – Albuquerque, NM 76609
Why You'll Love This JobBreak free of your boring work routine when you accept this unique Full Time Float Patient Access Account Specialist position with Presbyterian Healthcare Services!
The Patient Access Account Specialist displays extensive knowledge in the ED/UC registration process and is the Subject Matter Expert within the Patient Access Team. This role is responsible for providing backend support to all patient encounters to ensure accurate completion of accounts and a clean claim for billing. There are a wide range of duties in support of the Patient Access Team efficiencies which include but not limited to; monitoring work queues for financial clearance, obtaining missing information and documents, insurance source is identified and secured, and collaborates with leadership in process and operational improvement.
In this position, it is imperative to be able to consistently maintain a pleasant, professional demeanor and make patients and employees always feel welcome! In this role you will gain additional insight and experience through floating within our 3 locations - Albuquerque, Paseo, & Coors!
If you are interested in joining a company that is setting the bar for the way urgent care is approached, apply for our Full Time Patient Access Account Specialist opening today! *Full Time; Monday-Friday Position!
ResponsibilitiesPatient Access Account Specialist - job responsibilities include:
- Expertise knowledge of and ability to perform all Patient Access duties: verifying benefits, check patients in and out and collect copayments, coinsurance, deductibles
- Ability to support the Patient Access Leads and pick up shifts when needed.
- Perform after visit activities which include collecting residual balances, obtaining missing information, and any other follow-up activities that may be necessary to complete a patients encounter.
- Verify insurance for eligibility and benefits using online electronic verification system or by contacting payer or patient directly.
- Able to troubleshoot complex insurance scenarios to ensure a clean claim.
- Attend and participate in Patient Access Staff meetings as required
- Review and audit patient charts per leadership direction
o Correct or obtain any missing information
o Provide feedback to leadership on registration errors and potential regulatory violations
o Send training opportunities to the Patient Access Team
o Create monthly training topics for PresNow locations based on findings
- Monitor and complete all PresNow WQs to ensure timely filing per CMS guidelines:
o Patient WQs
o Charge Review WQs
o Claim Edit WQs
o HB/PB Account WQs
o Any other assigned PresNow WQs
- Assist leadership to ensure all personnel department policies and procedures are followed.
- Provide patients and their families with a customer focused, friendly reassuring open environment that encourages patients to return.
- Collaborate with hospital partner (ACU Team) as needed
- Follow all Compliance Regulatory guidelines including HIPAA & EMTALA
- Will be responsible for completing WQs in a timely manner, as defined by Service Level Agreement and timely filing standards.
- Follow all company policies, and adhere to all laws and regulations
Skills & QualificationsPatient Access Account Specialist - required skills & qualifications include:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2-4 year college degree in Business, Accounting, Medical Administration or related area preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in customer service or medical office setting.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Patient Access and/or billing, 3 years+ preferred.
- Extensive knowledge with health insurance and the insurance verification process.
- Proficient in EPIC ADT system
- Must be computer literate (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, and to prioritize multiple demands effectively
- Exceptional communication skills and customer service is required
- Solid work history
- Be flexible with work location as onsite visits will be required.
- Basic knowledge of CMS guidelines