Medical Director Job – Albuquerque, NM 53529
Why You'll Love This JobThe Medical Director is responsible for providing administrative medical direction and leadership for the Facility and for providing operational support designed to establish the Facility as a community standard for the highest quality of emergency and urgent care.
- Promote a client-centered approach to decision-making, clinical practices, service operations, and changing community needs;
- Ensure patients and their family experience a customer-focused, friendly, reassuring, and open environment that encourages patient participation in health care decisions;
- Emphasize a servant leader/ownership mentality; and
- Maintain a work environment that is friendly and respectful while fostering a growth mentality for all staff and physicians.
Areas of ResponsibilityStaffing
- Aid in the recruitment and candidate screening process.
- Provide PMG operations provider scheduling requirements by location; If scheduling gaps occur, collaborate with PMG on coverage solutions.
- Be involved with interview process for candidates that will work at PresNow >50% of their time
- Provide leadership and mentoring to all physician staff and clinical providers;
- Provide orientation for all new providers using a standardized orientation checklist;
- Monitor new providers intensely during their first six shifts;
- Conduct staff meetings, training, and performance evaluations;
- Communicate to providers all information and directives from leadership;
- Ensure compliance with standard policies amongst providers and staff;
- Check-In with providers (Problems with Triage, Radiology reads, struggles with volumes, staff provider interactions)
- Emphasize “Get Well Now”/comfort care measures and education to prevent bounce backs and review charts to ensure adherence
- Convey the importance of the patient journey and how each component affects patient care and satisfaction to the physicians and staff.
- Communicate Net Promotor scores per the Facility and provide feedback to providers;
- Provide documentation education regarding emergency and urgent care patients to ensure appropriate coding; and
- Be on-site at the Facility as necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position;
- Interact with clinic staff outside of your clinical shifts (i.e. be present at the facility when you are not working clinically to monitor clinical operations);
- Ensure coding & documentation standards by monitoring incomplete charts
- Coordinate with Epic team on changes to order sets
- Develop Criteria for incoming ambulance traffic and advocate for PresNow with State wide EMS
- Responsible for Procedural Calls (Call offs, BH issues, admits, code calls)
- Perform routine audits and present findings at director meetings and staff meetings monthly.
- Meet regularly with nursing, administration, and directors of other departments; address any concerns.
- Hold scheduled physician and facility meetings with written minutes;
- Ensure physician participation in the organizations committee structure as needed;
- Participate in organizational activities and community outreach as requested;
- Report facility visits by service type vs. target and previous year.
- Monitor daily Net Promotor Scores and address issues promptly with patients and providers
- Meet KPIs or opening and closing cases
- Institute best practice initiatives as appropriate;
- Track performance related metrics and provide monthly reporting at director meeting; and,
- Maintain operational readiness for critical patients through mock codes and critical equipment maintenance.
- Perform quality checks with continuous improvement on medical care and patient experience via chart reviews and personal investigation.
- Go over peer review findings with staff to ensure compliance with company culture and goals;
- Oversee complaint management, monitoring, and monthly presentation of issues and resolutions;
- Ensure adherence to the infection control program, QA and PI programs, and patient safety program;
- Participate in corporate quality initiatives when requested.
- Promote a positive image for the Facility amongst physicians and personnel;
- Accomplish specific tasks assigned and comply with reporting requirements;
- Cooperate with and promote quality initiatives.
- Work closely with facility co-leaders to ensure effective delivery of the IH care model
- Representing Intuitive Health and facility at the hospital leadership meetings as needed
- Maintaining a collaborative and communicative relationship with the hospital medical leadership
Skills & Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Consistently demonstrate effective communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills;
- Integrated working relationship with Clinical Manager;
- Maintain a positive and optimistic attitude in the performance of duties;
- Demonstrate management and leadership skills; and
- Possess excellent communication and clinical skills.