Lead Patient Access Advocate Job – Albuquerque, NM 41276
Why You'll Love This Job!Does working in a fast-paced, fun atmosphere with a creative management team and friendly, supportive co-workers sound exciting? If so, consider this Patient Access Advocate position with Intuitive Health, in partnership with PresNow. Intuitive Health is a trailblazing healthcare company that provides urgent care and emergency services under one roof.
Receive competitive pay, benefits and the chance for on-the-job continuing education at an innovative dual urgent care/ER office when you onboard in our Lead Patient Access Advocate position!
Intuitive Health, in partnership with Presbyterian Hospital, is looking for someone to fill the Lead Patient Access Advocate position. In this role, you will be part of an upbeat, professional team in an atmosphere conducive for learning new and useful skills that will serve you as you look to your future. You also will have the complete support of management that is 100 percent invested in your success. Patients will be grateful for your assistance and you will end each day knowing you made a difference.
If you are interested in joining a company that is setting the bar for the way urgent care is approached, apply for our Patient Access Advocate opening today!
Job SummaryThe Patient Access Team Lead displays leadership skills to lead a wide range of duties in support of Patient Access Team efficiencies which may include but not limited to; driving team performance accountability, lead patent access team daily operations, collaborates with others in process and operational excellence.
This role is responsible for providing feedback on daily registration processes and staffing issues to leadership. They provide assistance to the Patient Access team as necessary to ensure compliance with department policies and procedures. They assist leadership as necessary with staffing, report reconciliation,
and other duties as assigned. In this position, it is imperative to be able to consistently maintain a pleasant, professional demeanor and make patients and employees always feel welcome. Ability to multi-task is a must.
ResponsibilitiesLead Patient Access Advocate job responsibilities include:
- Model patient experience expectations and ensure team is adhering to the patient experience
- Maintain an appropriate Patient Access environment that is friendly and respectful.
- Expertise knowledge of and ability to perform Patient Access duties: verifying benefits, check
patients in and out and collect copayments, coinsurance, deductibles.
- Maintain monthly Patient Access Scheduling ensuring all shifts are covered.
- Train and mentor new Patient Access staff.
- Implement Patient Access Policies and Procedures with input from Leadership.
- Reconciliation of Daily Cash intake, Credit Card Receipts, Patient Petty Cash, and Bank Deposits.
- Ensure adherence to all laws and regulations regarding employment, affirmative action, safety and
- Ensure that patient records are accurate and complete.
- Assist leader to insure all personnel department policies and procedures are followed.
- Provide patients and their families with a customer focused, friendly reassuring open environment
that encourages patients to return.
- Assist in resolving patient concerns. Addresses and attempts to appropriately resolve complaints in
the moment by using key words at key times and de-escalation techniques.
- Ability to manage conflict and appropriately request the help of a supervisor when needed.
- Coordinate workflow processes with hospital partner as needed.
- Prepare appropriate access for new hires (Parte, access packages, badges, Medicaid portal, etc.).
- Follow all HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Follow and enforce all company policies.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & QualificationsLead Patient Access Advocate required skills & qualifications include:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2-4-year college degree in Business, Accounting, Medical Administration or related area preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in medical office setting
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in supervisory or lead role preferred
- Familiar with health insurance and the insurance verification process.
- Epic system experience preferred.
- Must be computer literate (Word, Excel Outlook)
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, and to prioritize multiple demands effectively
- Exceptional communication skills and customer service is required
- Solid work history
- This position includes standing, walking, use of hands, reaching, sitting, talking and listening. This position may require lifting up to 10 pounds. There are no special vision requirements for this position.
- This position also requires working near moving mechanical parts. This position would require exposure to moderate noise such as business printers and computers.
- Incumbent will be scheduled based on operational need (rotate shifts, standby, AA, on-call).
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area may be expected.
- Incumbent will be required to work at any facility and be responsible for own transportation.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Intuitive Health provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Intuitive Health complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.