IT Technician Job – Plano, TX 30190
- To provide Tier 1 technical support and technical assistance to users who are using software, hardware and other
- computer systems or equipment and need help completing tasks or troubleshooting problems. IT Technician will
- escalate issues that extend beyond Tier 1 responsibilities. This service-oriented position must have good technical
- knowledge and be able to effectively communicate trouble shooting steps and solutions to non-technical users. Ideal
- candidate will be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environment and has exceptional
- communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Provide support by answering, evaluating, and resolving incoming requests from users experiencing
- problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer related technologies in a timely manner.
- Performs basic troubleshooting and assistance on various software applications and hardware systems.
- Provide individual instruction and/or training to users on new or updated technologies.
- Performs routine technical assistance and maintenance duties.
- Assists with the review, evaluation and recommendation of solutions relating to hardware and software
- acquisitions and/or network upgrades.
- Assists with research and development initiatives and in the implementation of new technologies.
- Assists with the implementation of technology projects with impact to end users.
- Assists with the installation, configuration and maintenance of computers, workstations and/or other related
- equipment and devices.
- Loads software packages such as operating systems and Microsoft Office onto computers.
- Skill to rebuild and image laptops and desktops, troubleshoot Smart Phones and iPads, troubleshoot laser
- printers. Experience with all Microsoft and Apple products.
- Explains issues and resolutions to end users in a simplified, non-technical manner.
- Performs additional duties as needed within the department
- High School Diploma Required, Associate of Science in I.T. preferred
- A+ Certification or Microsoft Certifications
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and Virtualized desktops
- Technical support environment.: 1 years (Required)
- Great customer service skills
- Flexible work availability
- An aptitude for identifying, analyzing and resolving common technical issues, questions and problems with the
- personal computers, workstations, software and associated hardware
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Generally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, handle documents, bend and stoop as needed, and reach
- with hands and arms.
- Required to use a keyboard and computer regularly Specific vision abilities required, including that required
- to perform extensive computer-related work.
- Must be able to verbally communicate with others and exchange accurate information.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to distinguish sound and perceive
- the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
The work environment conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Moderate noise (i.e. home office with computer,
phone, and printers). Ability to sit at a computer for an extended period of time.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- This is a full-time position. Given the recent pandemic individuals hired for this role will initially work from home. Once things return to some type of normal you may transition back into working at one of our facilities in the DFW area.
- Flexibility in schedule required, Individual MUST be available to work day and evenings as needed.
- Must have reliable transportation to travel between DFW facilities.
- Reports Directly to Director of IT.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected. Incumbent will be required to work at any facility and be responsible for own transportation.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Company: Legacy ER & Urgent Care