Front Office Receptionist (PRN) Job – Maumee, OH 80267
Why You'll Love This JobBreak free of your boring work routine when you accept this unique PRN Patient Access Advocate - Front Office position with ProMedica Toledo Hospital Emergency and Urgent Care, an innovative company that is trailblazing a new healthcare path! In this Patient Access Advocate position you will be responsible for greeting patients with a smile, answering the phone, entering information into the electronic health record, data base, and general clerical duties. Receive competitive pay, benefits, and the chance for on-the-job continuing education at an innovative dual urgent care/ER office when you onboard in our PRN Patient Access Advocate - Front Office position!
In this PRN Patient Access Advocate - Front Office role, you will be part of an upbeat, professional team in a medical office atmosphere conducive to learning new and useful receptionist skills that will serve you as you look to your future. Perform registration functions, including updating of demographics, insurance verification, collection of point of service payments and documentation of registration information within an electronic system as part of your duties. Patients will be grateful for your medical billing assistance and you will end each day knowing you made a difference!
If you are interested in joining a company that is setting the bar for the way urgent care is approached, apply for our PRN Patient Access Advocate - Front Office opening today! *PRN Opening- Shifts vary from days, afternoons, & nights. Weekend availability required!
ResponsibilitiesPatient Access Advocate - Front Office job responsibilities include:
- Greet patients in a friendly, courteous and professional manner in both in person and over the phone.
- Check patients in and out.
- Perform visit closure activities to include collecting payment, and any follow up activities that may be necessary for patient care.
- Verify insurance for eligibility and benefits using online electronic verification system or by contacting payer directly. Collect copayments, coinsurance, deductibles.
- Assist staff and patients with clerical duties as needed, including: copying, scanning and faxing documents.
- Creating and maintaining patient files.
- Answer and screen phone calls and direct to the appropriate individual. Take and direct messages as necessary.
- Provides callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website and other related information.
- Confirm all paperwork is filled out correctly.
- Make sure front desk, waiting room area and children’s play are always clean and presentable.
- Assure a clean work environment. This may include duties often reserved for housekeeping services such as emptying trash, vacuuming, mopping floors and cleaning counters.
- Encourage a work environment that is friendly and respectful.
- Provide patients and their families with a customer focused, friendly reassuring open environment that encourages patients to return to our ED/UCs.
- Follow all HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Follow all company policies.
- Other duties as needed.
Skills & QualificationsPatient Access Advocate - Front Office required skills & qualifications include:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- A minimum of 6 months of work experiences in healthcare setting or one year customer service background.
- At the completion of new hire onboarding/training, a passing score on competency assessment is required for continued employment.
- Basic understanding of insurance preferred.
- Basic understanding of medical terminology and billing codes (DRG, ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS) preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills and customer service is required.