Front Office/Patient Access Leader Job – Fishers, IN 27028
The Front Office/Patient Access Leader has responsibility of the operations and functions of the Patient Access areas. Responsible for Patient Access staff and completion of admission, registration and pre-registration functions to include insurance verification. Responsible for monitoring productivity, compliance and staffing for multiple registration points.
In this position, it is imperative to be able to consistently maintain a pleasant, professional demeanor and make patients and employees always feel welcome. Ability to multi-task is a must.
This role will cover multiple freestanding ER/Urgent Care facilities in the Fishers & Carmel, IN area and has direct supervisory responsibilities for Patient Access at those facility(s).
· Influence and lead Patient Access Team based on Servant Leadership Principles.
· Maintain an appropriate Patient Access environment that is friendly and respectful.
· Expertise knowledge of and ability to perform Patient Access duties: verifying benefits, check patients in and out and collect copayments, coinsurance, and deductibles.
· Responsible for hiring, training and termination of Patient Access Staff in conjunction with Leadership.
· Ensures new hires and staff are appropriately trained to perform duties as assigned.
· Conduct performance evaluations for Patient Access Staff.
· Initiates coaching, corrective action and performance improvement plans for staff for attendance, productivity and quality opportunities.
· Conduct Patient Access Staff Meetings.
· Meet with staff members monthly for 1:1s to discuss employee performance and discuss any potential opportunities for improvements
· Maintain monthly Patient Access Scheduling ensuring all shifts are covered.
· Responsible for Patient Access Time Clock administration (NOVAtime).
· Assists in establishing productivity standards and evaluating staffing requirements (both temporary and permanent) based on volumes.
· Ensures department is meeting OT and productivity standards in line with the current budget and patient volumes.
· Ensures established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental, and infection control standards are met and followed by staff under their leadership.
· Reviews Patient Access operations to ensure compliance with CMS, EMTALA, HIPAA, and other state or federal guidelines
· Maintains and fosters effective public relations with patients, physicians and the public as well as spending a maximum amount of time per day interacting with staff.
· Looks for opportunities to improve process and flow, brings back to leadership to discuss and work through implementation.
· Mentors and fosters growth of members of the team for personal and professional growth.
· Coordinates with department directors and administration to ensure effective patient flow and quality customer service.
· Enhances and maintains own professional growth and development through participation in relevant educational programs, literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
· Follow all HIPAA policies and procedures.
· Follow and enforce all company policies.
· High School Diploma or GED required
· College degree preferred
· 5 years of experience in related field required; with 3 year in a Supervisory capacity
· Critical thinking and attention to detail
· Effectively interact with customers to understand their needs and explain data
· Microsoft Office
· Organizational Skills
· Deal with all levels of staff and management within the organization, board members, as well as the public, under highly stressful conditions.
· Communicate effectively in person and via telephone with members, employer groups, brokers, physicians, and physician office staff using strong dialogue and customer service competencies.
· Familiar with health insurance and the insurance verification process.
· Must be computer literate (Word, Excel Outlook)
· Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, and to prioritize multiple demands effectively
· Exceptional communication skills and customer service is required
· Solid work history
· Be flexible with hours, as staffing of 24/7 units may require flexibility Apply Now