Front Office – Medical Receptionist Job – Zionsville, IN 24557
Why You'll Love This JobIf you would enjoy working in an exciting, fast-paced and fun atmosphere for a company that is changing the way healthcare is administered, consider joining Intuitive Health, in partnership with Riverview Hospital, as our Front Office - Medical Receptionist! This role is open due to a new opening of this Emergency Department / Urgent Care facility in October 2020. This facility is located at 10830 N. Michigan Road, Zionsville, Indiana, the heart of growth and development in the West Carmel/Zionsville community.
In this Front Office - Medical Receptionist role at our combination ER / Urgent Care facility, you will be helping break new ground as you join a team of supportive professionals who work together to provide the ultimate patient care experience. This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor with an innovative company where you will learn new skills that will enable you to quickly grow your career in addition to gaining unique perspectives about the healthcare industry, putting you on a fast-track to success. Patients will appreciate your help and you will end each day knowing you made a difference in your community. We offer competitive pay and healthcare that includes dental and vision, Basic Life Insurance, disability insurance, an EAP, retirement plan and PTO.
Are you ready to take the logical next step in your career? Apply for Intuitive Health's top-notch Front Office - Medical Receptionist opening today!
Front Office - Medical Receptionist Responsibilities
- Greet patients in a friendly, courteous and professional manner in person and over the phone
- Check patients in and out; confirm all paperwork is filled out correctly; create and maintain patient files
- Verify benefits, and collect copayments, coinsurance, deductibles
- Assist staff and patients with clerical duties as needed, including copying, scanning and faxing documents
- Screen phone calls and direct to the appropriate individual; take and direct messages
- Provide callers with company information such as address, directions, numbers, website and other related information
- Make sure front desk, waiting room area and children’s play are always clean and presentable
Front Office - Medical Receptionist Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Familiar with health insurance and insurance verification
- Knowledge and skills regarding all general office equipment including phones, credit card machine and fax
- Must be computer literate (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and to prioritize multiple demands effectively
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- 1 year experience in a medical office setting a plus