Advanced Practice Practitioner Job – North Richland Hills, TX 61095
Why You'll Love This JobThe Advanced Practice Practitioner will be clinically competent while delivering care to patients utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation. Advanced Practice Practitioner s will effectively interact with patients, significant others and other health team members while maintaining all standards of professional nursing. This includes but is not limited to: patient evaluation and management, patient assessment, therapeutic treatment as ordered by the physician, laboratory testing, and patient discharge and education.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- Seasonal 1099 contractor position.
- Minimum two shifts per month required
- Incumbent will be scheduled based on operational need (rotate shifts, standby, AA, on-call).
- Provide patients and their family with a customer focused, friendly, reassuring and open environment that encourages patient participation in health care decisions.
- Assist in patient care to the extent that training and education allows. This may include duties not usually performed but that are within the scope of practice.
- Encourage a work environment that is friendly and respectful.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform initial patient screenings and patient history and physical examinations
- Use the nursing process by demonstrating appropriate assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the patient's care, as evidenced by client/staff observation.
- Assess the patient: collect and document the patient's current health status and medical history. Complete and/or review Admission Data Record as defined by policy. Make accurate and ongoing assessment of patient's status and respond appropriately.
- Plan/implement: set priorities for nursing action in a logical sequence according to patient's needs and formulate a plan of care by the appropriate selection of Nurse Practice Standards. The plan of care is initiated on patient admission based on all aspects of the initial assessment. Plan includes physiological, psychosocial and environmental factors: patient/significant other education and patient discharge planning. Provide age-specific education to assigned patients
- Evaluate: perform ongoing assessment and revise plan of care based on new data and patient's condition.
- Document accurate and ongoing assessment of patient status: Document patient care, including nursing intervention, patient response to care provided, patient needs, problems, capabilities, limitations, and progress toward goals. Documentation includes evidence of appropriate patient/significant other teaching, and the understanding of these instructions is noted in the medical record. Maintain all required documentation in paper and electronic formats
- Assist the physician on duty in the examination and treatment of patients. Communicate with the physician regarding patient's needs, the nursing assessments and recommendations on a daily basis and as needed, as evidenced by client feedback and operations coordinator observation.
- Collect specimens and conduct laboratory tests
- Review and uphold lab policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with staff nurses and health team members to ensure the patient's wellbeing as evidenced by staff/client feedback. Support efforts of team members
- Teach patient/significant other appropriate health information in a timely manner and share written informational material as evidenced by client feedback and operations coordinator observation.
- Perform direct patient care, to include therapeutic and diagnostic intervention using established procedures, policies and standards as evidenced by client/staff feedback and operations coordinator observation.
- Execute physician orders including administration of medications, treatments and IVs according to policy and procedure.
- Observe and document patient's response to pertinent medications.
- Demonstrate ability and appropriate technical skills when administering treatments and procedures in accordance with physician's orders and policy and procedure (done within a timely manner).
- Demonstrate necessary skills and knowledge to provide care for patients according to policy, procedure and division/unit specific competencies.
- Demonstrate ability to handle emergency situations in a prompt, precise and professional manner.
- Provide personal patient care to ensure comfort and well-being to the patient, acknowledging physiological and psychological needs.
- Perform indirect patient care, using established procedures, policies and standards as evidenced by client/staff feedback and operations coordinator observation.
- Give a thorough, concise report at change of shift. Communicate pertinent information to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate accurate and timely documentation according to form guidelines.
- Accurately transcribe physician orders according to policy and procedure.
- Maintain a clean, neat and safe environment for patient and staff according to policy and procedure as evidenced by staff/client feedback and operations coordinator observation.
- Ensure that supplies and equipment necessary for patient care are stored in an organized and efficient manner. Clean, restock, and prepare treatment rooms
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness in the clinic, lab, and exam rooms at all times. Ensure that facilities are maintained and function in accordance with OSHA standards
- Demonstrate correct and safe technique in the use of equipment according to specific product information.
- Follow appropriate procedure for obtaining and returning or cleaning/disposing of equipment and supplies.
- Participate in economical utilization of supplies and ensure that equipment is maintained in a clean and safe manner.
- Maintain all required professional certifications and licenses. Participate in any and all certification of the facility and CEU.
- Adhere to administrative system/nursing service policies as evidenced by operations coordinator.
- Remain conscientious in regard to personal hygiene and comply with specific division/unit regulations.
- Comply with specific system/division/unit policy and procedure concerning safety.
- 100% attendance to mandatory skill updates yearly required.
- Completing all assigned clinical and lab education.
- Attend a minimum of four staff meetings and read and sign all minutes of meetings not attended.
Skills & QualificationsREQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited school for Advanced Practice Practitioners.
- Knowledge regarding the nursing process and its application, including the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care
- Unrestricted registered FNP or PA license in the state of Texas
- Graduate from an accredited Advanced Practice Practitioner program
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in patient care setting.
- 1-year experience in an Urgent Care or ER/ICU environment is preferred.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
Current ACLS, PALS/ENCP, and CPR/BLS Certification