Accounting Specialist Job – Plano, TX 55565
Why You'll Love This Job
Intuitive Health is an innovative multi-site healthcare managed service organization focused on expanding in markets throughout the country and is currently seeking an Accounting Specialist to join the team.
This role will be a part of the Corporate Accounting/Finance team based at the corporate service center in Plano Texas and will report to the Assistant Controller.
The following is a brief overview of the expected roles and responsibilities of this position.
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Review vendor invoices for accuracy and manage proper approvals and supporting documentation within Concur Expense software
- Code and process vendor invoices for payment
- Prepare weekly check runs
- Reconcile vendor statements and work with vendors to resolve discrepancies
- Prepare 1099 tax filings and maintain related documentation & data
- Review commercial card purchases and validate against receipts/supporting documentation, verify GL coding, manage approval process and upload daily transactions to the accounting system
- Manage corporate office supplies, handle incoming/outgoing mail and provide support for corporate office staff
- Perform other accounting related tasks and clerical duties as needed
Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience, preferably in an administrative healthcare position
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and professional character to interact with individuals at all functional levels
- Proven track record of problem resolution and follow-through
- Strong organizational abilities
- Detail oriented, strong analytical and reconciliation skills
- Proactive, can-do attitude and a team player
- Strong computer proficiency; intermediate Microsoft Excel; Concur Expense/Invoice and SAGE 50 experience a plus
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to multi-task, manage time effectively and juggle priorities to meet deadlines